Operational Status (for Radio Amateurs)
Delfi-C3 and Delfi-n3Xt have a downlink in the amateur satellite segment of the VHF amateur radio frequency band. Telemetry decoding software is available to participating radio amateurs which allows them to decode and display real time telemetry. Furthermore, the software allows for automatic data transfer to the central Delfi ground station via the Internet for data processing. The Delfi team would like to invite all interested radio amateurs to receive, decode and forward telemetry data to the Delfi-C3 ground server. You can find a detailed description on how to receive and decode data on dedicated pages (see menu).
Below are the technical specifications of the used radio links and the latest operational status.
- Primary telemetry downlink: 145.870 MHz, 1200 Baud, BPSK, AX.25, 100mW operational in Sun
- Backup telemetry downlink: 145.930 MHz, 1200 Baud, BPSK, AX.25, 100mW de-activated
- Linear transponder passband downlink: 145.880 - 145.920 MHz (inverting) 100mW PEP non-operational
- Linear transponder passband uplink: 435.570 - 435.530 MHz non-operational
- Transponder mode beacon: 145.870 MHz CW (10dB below transponder PEP) non-operational
- Primary telemetry downlink: 145.870 MHz 2400 Baud, BPSK AX.25 200mW currently inactive to unknown problem
- High speed downlink: 2405 MHz, 20-500 kbit/s, MSK, 125mW de-activated
- Linear transponder passband downlink: 145.880 - 145.920 MHz (inverting) 200mW PEP de-activated
- Linear transponder passband uplink: 435.570 - 435.530 MHz de-activated
- Transponder mode beacon: 145.870 MHz CW (10dB below transponder PEP) de-activated
You can download the telemetry definitions in an Excel sheet below. These specify the content of the telemetry and their conversion formulae to physical values. These definitions are provided in accordance to the radio amateur regulations and are intended for personal use for radio amateurs. In case you would like to use the data for commercial purposes or publications, please contact TU Delft for coordination.